Questions To Ask Yourself before Signing a Newark Office Space Lease
So you’ve found the perfect space for your business. It’s in the Newark area which is a transportation hub and home to many businesses. Even if the location of the place looks great and you love the offices, there might still be a few more things you should consider before you sign a Newark office space lease. Keep the following things in mind:
- How long do you plan to stay there? It’s always good to have a long-term plan in mind. Is your business going to expand a lot in the next five years? In that case, a space that seems perfect now may not seem as good a couple of years down the line.
- What do your employees think? Of course, if you have a large business, you may not be able to consult everyone. But if you run a small business, you can always get your employees’ opinions too. This way, you know that the place will be convenient for them as well.
- Are you getting a good price? You can do some research and compare the rents of similar office spaces or you can consult your realtor to find out if you’re getting a good price.
- Does it feel right? Sometimes, you just have to consult your gut feeling about a space. If you’re trying to decide between two places that seem equally good, go with the one that feels right to you in your gut.
- Does it have natural light? This may not be an absolute necessity because you can get by without natural light in your office. However, having big windows and getting some sun can help to lift the general mood of the office. If you’re looking for a place for the long term, you should consider whether it has natural light.
- Are there places to eat nearby? You and your employees are going to have to go out to lunch. You may even have to take clients out to lunch. So you should know if there are good places to eat in the neighborhood.
- Is the neighborhood growing and developing? You might move into a building or an area that seems underdeveloped. However, if there seems to be a plan for developing the neighborhood, it will still be a good place for your business.
Contact us for more information about leasing office space in Newark; we’ll help you find the one that fulfills all your specifications.